Hello fellow book worms!
Have you ever been so in love with a book you just want to jump inside and explore the land?
Of course you have, what kind of obvious question was that? Unfortunately that’s not possible, but I have a fun little project that will allow you to at least LOOK at your favorite land from your favorite book! High five to myself.
Today our little DIY project is transferring literature maps to a canvas. So grab some coffee or wine and let’s get crafty!
Canvas or wood
Picture of your favorite map – we are doing Hogwarts, Panem, and Middle Earth.
*if you map has words on it make sure the picture is printed back words that way the words will be facing the right way.
Gel medium- this can be found at Michaels.
I like to do this before I go to bed because it needs a couple hours to dry and I’m not a patient person when I’m awake.
1. Take your sponge brush and spread the gel medium onto the canvas. Make sure you use a good amount, don’t be stingy! And smooth it out so there are no clumps.
2. Take your picture and put it face down on to the canvas and smooth out any bumps or bubbles.
3. After it is fully dried you will take your rag and soak it in water. What I line to do is lay the rag on the picture for a few seconds to really wet the paper. And then you gentle start scrubbing away the paper. Some of the picture does come off giving it the old rustic look, but you don’t want to do it too much.
4. While it’s still wet from the water I like to go over it with the gel medium one more time or modge podge if you have any.
5. Let them dry, hang them up, and admire!
This is a really fun and cool project for any type of picture you want! I’ve even made a few of these with family pictures. I hope you all enjoyed!! If you try this project leave me a comment below!
Hey there, my name is Ashley and I’m the writer behind the Young Mom! I’m a stay at home mom that is ruled by a 1 1/2 year old and a 1 month old. I love playing with my babies, hanging out with my husband, reading, writing, crafts, and sleeping (when I can). I love to blog about day to day life and my thoughts about being a mom, in hopes to connect others and show that you are not alone in this crazy fun journey of motherhood! You can also find me on Facebook and Instagram.